Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Baby-Crazy (Indulge Me)

I think I've discovered just how good it can get.

A week and a half ago (but oh how much longer ago it feels) I was home on vacation with my family, and I got to spend a day and a half with my niece/cousin/quasi-god-child Paige. (It's my cousin's baby, but we grew up practically as sisters. As Kristi is an only child and we've decided this baby really needs an aunt in her life, I'm it. You can call me Aunt Melissa. As for quasi-god-child...turns out the Catholic Church has some rules about the baby's godparents being Catholics, or something. So I'm godmother in spirit, if not by rites.)

I thought laying in a hammock was pretty amazing. I thought laying in a hammock in the woods was even better. I thought that napping in a hammock in the woods was pretty damn close to perfection. But as it turns out, I'm pretty much convinced that there is absolutely nothing better than napping in a hammock in the woods with your warm, soft, adorable month and a half month old niece napping on top of you.

Okay, so I'm not exactly a neutral source here, but I think she's pretty damn cute.

Wanna see?




Here's a few of Paige & her mom...





And here's Paige & Papa....who loves babies....

Of course, who doesn't love a baby?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

I actually don't love babies. Robots are much cooler: they don't need diapers, they don't need food, they don't need naps, and they do whatever you program them to do. Babies can only do that last part.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am BABY CRAZY TOO! Can't wait to have one of my own, not to mention that pregnant women are hot hot HOT! You can be an aunt to my baby too, but only if you move to cali eventually.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home