Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Is This What I've Been Doing Wrong All These Years?

I learned a valuable lesson tonight.

Act like a bitch; get treated like a princess.

So there's this guy I've been seeing, off and on, mostly off, but around when either of us gets bored, for the last six months or so. It's sort of silly, really, but he is *awfully* attractive. And, you know, Moroccan. (That often being his saving grace. When in doubt, blame it all on 'cultural differences'!)

He's been off in Morocco for a few weeks, and I've been busy with other pursuits, so we haven't seen each other in awhile. We were planning to get together tonight, but he was being a bit of an ass about various things. This being a rather casual relationship (or something), I've put up with a fair amount of shit because I didn't feel like dealing with it. But tonight I was a bit irritated, and I decided to call him on it. And I wasn't exactly, um, nice about it.

And all of a sudden, I'm transported into some fantasy world. He's apologizing for being an ass, buying me dinner, attending to my every need (including those I didn't know I had), practically waiting on me, acting incredibly sweet, giving me gifts he'd gotten me in Morocco (gotten specifically for me? Somehow I doubt it, but I played along), and generally treating me like a princess. I don't know that I've ever been treated quite so well.

What?!

Is this truly the lesson I should take from all of this? Call someone on their shit, and suddenly they treat you a 1000 times better? Be a bit nasty if you'd like them to start being nice? All these years of being incredibly kind, of putting up with all sorts of shit, of understanding, understanding, and understanding some more...and it comes down to this? Be a big bitch and get what you want?

God damn. I am sure I will never, ever understand men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home